Thursday, May 27, 2010

The End of an Era

Of our original busking team -- which came into existence in the beginning of 2006 -- only Ana and I were left. And of our last busking team, the four of us girls were left. 

Our friend Concéssio really wanted us to record a CD before we disbanded, so he learned how to play the songs and we recorded them a few weeks ago. He then came over for us to take pictures of the remnant of the team (posted below for your viewing pleasure ... not!). 

In a way, I'm glad it's all over. We had our fun times, but it was hard for me every time we went out busking. I really don't like singing to an audience, but that was ok compared to how much I disliked raising funds for our missionary work and social project (and consequently having to explain why I have such a horrid accent). As well as having to work twice as much because certain people wouldn't do what they were supposed to. 

The only thing that made it all bearable was seeing the lives that were touched and changed through our croaking efforts. I'm gonna miss the friends we made, but I'm sure not going to miss the singing, haha!

Sisters and Concéssio:

Silliness ...



Fatty and pudgy, scrawny and skinny, Concéssio and guitar:

Monkeys! ... loving the tree much? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment