Sunday, May 16, 2010

Laurie's Week

This week was a special one for Laura ... well, it was special for me regarding Laura's progress. I think it was on Wednesday, I was packing the last of the girls' toys and school things while they played with some of the pieces from the dollhouse, when I was pleasantly surprised to see Laura blowing one of the tiny plates (I always tell her to blow her food 'cause it's usually hot), placing it on a table, putting one of the dolls in a chair, and putting the chair in front of the table. That was the first time she actually played with a doll! Before that she'd just walk around holding the doll by any limb. 

Then this week she learned how to give an actual kiss on the cheek along with the "smacking" sound. One of these days when she awoke from her nap, I gave her a cracker and she "fed" it to one of her dolls and then proceeded to give it a loving kiss ... such progress! 

Oh, and she discovered the joy of lipstick. Alina has a few kiddy ones which you need to smear on quite a bit for some color to show. As you can see from the photos, Laura put on more than enough. She had such a cute, concentrated look as she put on layer upon layer of lipstick (and probably felt like a queen in the process). She was kind enough to put some on me and Alina with her little forefinger.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment