Monday, May 3, 2010

Pre-Mother's Day Drama

After breaking the sad news to Alina that Gabriel won't be able to visit for Mother's Day because he's looking for a house for us to move into, she started wailing. When I asked her why she was crying, she said that she was sad because he won't be able to come and so we won't be able to go out and do anything, and that Mother's Day is not Mother's Day without Gabriel and Laura. 

She continued her sobbing and after several suggestions of things we could do and her not agreeing to any, I told her I'd take her to the mall and get an ice cream (which she had asked me a while ago if I could), to which she wailed, "But I need ice cream now to cheer me up because I'm soooo sad!" boo-hoo ... 

It was pretty comical, and I told her so, but she said that she was going to stay in the room and cry until she got tired of crying. I informed her that crying wasn't going to help in any way, but she wisely replied that she knew she'd feel better after she cried. 

So, I left her to her tears and went off with Laura to iron our laundry. Five minutes later she showed up and told me that she was done crying and would like to play. 

At last the drama had come to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment