Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Happenings

Aside from the awful cramps I had, Mother's Day was quite pleasant. This was the first Mother's Day in 4 years that I didn't go out busking and also the first one in God-knows-how-many-years that we didn't have a special brunch to celebrate it ... talk about change! 

I made crepes and chocolate mush for the girls (Love, you'd be so proud of me, my chocolate stuff came out as good as yours!), and then we went over to my grandparents' place for lunch. 

I wasn't too thrilled about taking Laura. She's an accident-waiting-to-happen and my Grandma's apartment is just full of breakable, not-for-small-children things. 

Thankfully, she didn't break anything, she just decided that she didn't want to sit at the table and have lunch so I had to entertain her and feed her while also trying to eat the delicious lunch my grandma prepared. She finally fell asleep shortly before we left and I crashed out with her. 

Alina had fun playing computer games with her cousin and running around barefooted. Oh yes, and she made a cute card for me. Also, my grandma gave all the moms a box of chocolates and my sister made chocolate chip cookies for us ... sure was a chocolate-filled day for me, heh. 

The day before we had Bible school at the Project and after the class the kids made cards for their mothers. It was sweet to see them trying to write endearing things to their mom and fussing over how their cards. 


Anyway, here are some pics from this weekend.


Alina and Pietro making a macaroni necklace to give to me and his mom:


The younger kids making their cards:


Part of my class:



On our way to my grandparents' apartment:

Being a rascal:

Alina and her cousin:

My grandmother (the kids' table):

The adults' table:

The monkey:





No comments:

Post a Comment