Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

We're not into celebrating halloween (it's not part of our [Brazilian] culture), but it happened like this: my youngest sister had originally planned to have a dress-up activity with the kids with some snacks and what-not (to which I was not invited). The next thing I knew, her and the other teens were planning a halloween party (they were kind enough to invite me) and some folks from Juiz de Fora (the nearest Home which is 4 hours away) were coming.

Very exciting ... being that we'd never had party of this sort before.

Anyway, since the kids were not invited to this party and since their previous planned activity had been canceled, I dressed the girls up in matching halloween outfits that a friend had given to me last year (Alina's was kind of small, heh) and they pranced around in them for a couple of hours.

At least Alina was happy about that, although she did make sure we'd save her some of the party snacks :).

Laura saying please before going trick-or-treating (in the house):


Looking for a kind-hearted person:

Oops! Only found a totally uninterested person (Johnny) ... no success there.


Alina all happy with her outfit:

Laura running away:

Trying to get a decent shot of both girls:

Laura kept running away to her favorite spot (this part of the wall behind a small tree):


No success ...

Such a nut!

Don't ask me what I was dressed up as ...

The teens' cool set up/decorations:

My very creative little brother came up with a substitute for pumpkins: watermelons!

My sis Marina:

Cri and Marina:


Laura woke up in the middle of the party and thought she was invited ... aherm.



Oh, wow! Someone took a pic of me ... special

3 comments:

  1. What are you cracking up at in that last photo?? You're seriously laughing... :D

    Laura's keuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute in her Halloween costume! (That last photo of her running away hollering is hillllllarious!!)

    Alina's looking so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was probably laughing about the fact that I kept getting mixed up in the "quadrado" dance ... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a genius, Rafa.

    --And what nutty-nutty-nut-nuts. :D

    ReplyDelete