Monday, November 23, 2009

A Special Dinner

Saturday night we had a dinner for some of our long-time friends, though not all of them were able to come. The food was GREAT, but what was even better was when Laura finally went to sleep. I was exhausted, to say the least.

We had had Bible school at our social project which was extra tiring because there were only two of us instead of 3 (after having been bent over separating food to distribute to the kids), and then I spent most of the evening standing up or bent over chasing Laura and trying to keep her from causing much damage to our surroundings, boo-hoo.

Yes, well, our guests were happy, we were happy to see them happy, and everyone had a happy time. Especially Laura.


Luciano and our faithful barman (Gabriel):

The little terror happy with her piece of toast:

Resting for a few precious moments. My poor aching legs and back.

Food! Escondidinho de bacalhau e filé mignon com cogumelos:

Gabriel and Concessio:


A toast (that giant over there is my little brother):

Singing to the guests. Actually, it was more like croaking, at least on my part. You know when you're so tired you don't really tune into what you're doing and things usually come out wrong? Well, that's how I was. I don't even know how I managed to sing, I mean, croak. Although I did do it with my whole heart and someone even commented on how I seemed the happiest of the bunch. Must've been the tiredness :P.


Geez, it looks like I'm gonna take a huge bite of air.

No comments:

Post a Comment