Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Alina's birthday wish list

(A conversation Alina and I had a few nights ago while she was getting ready for bed.) 
A: Bob, for you to be able to give me something for my birthday, you have to know what I like. 
M: Ok, so why don't you tell me what you like. 
A: I would like everything because there are so many nice things! But if you can't give me lots of things, then just a card is fine like "Happy birthday Alina". ... Bob, first, what do you want for a Christmas or a birthday present? 
Me: Well, I need a perfume because mine is finishing. 
A: No, something that you want, not that you need. 
Me: I want that and it just so happens to be something that I need. 
A: Ok, so for a birthday present. 
Me: I don't know, maybe a nice blouse. 
A: You need that? 
Me: Yes. Weren't you supposed to be telling me what you would like? 
A: Bob, I want to see what you want to see if it's like what I want. 
Me: And is it? 
A: No, because I want another bunny, and a cat because they're fun to watch running around. And then I want a hamster and a guinea pig. We already have so many animals here in the house and then we'll have more and it will be like a zoo! 
Me: You want the bunny for your birthday or for Christmas? 
A: Bob, I'm making my birthday list. AFTER I'm gonna make my Christmas one. 
Me: Alrighty ... such modest requests.

1 comment: