Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happenings and TONS of Pics of the Girls

A sad happening: It all started today when Alina was coming back to the house from the classroom and she found a tiny baby bird on the ground by the pool. We tried to feed it, but it was too small and didn't care to eat. There wasn't much we could do for it, so we put it back in its nest up in a coconut tree and hoped it'd be o.k.

Later during the day, I passed by the tree and found the bird on the floor again, so I once again stuck it back in the nest. Very heroic of me, I know. Well, after all our attempts to save this little bird, there was a storm this afternoon (flooded most of the house) and it killed the poor birdie. I found it dead in a puddle under the tree. Very sad since it was such a helpless creature, sniff, sniff.


On to happier things ...

A Sunday morning:



"Aha! I escaped from my towel!"

"Hello!"


Tasty phone:


 A rainy afternoon ...





Messy-haired creatures:

A pleasant happening: having a little family dinner to celebrate our 14 years in Belo (yeah, I just had to close my eyes when the photo was being taken):

An unpleasant fact was that I had a cold:

Another pleasant dinner: this time with everyone else.



Very important: I still had a horrid cold!

Yum-yum! (Alina made little "name cards" for everyone)

Our very own Wonder Woman:


Ready to go ...

... pester the cat





(Alina's caption) The two sisters:

Another fun happening was that Alina and I made a tent in her room (draped some sheets around) and prepared some goodies to have a wannabe slumber party.

The little pig was invited to the eating part of the evening:




Sweet Alina made this bouquet just for me and also took the picture for me to post here (with the wise remark: "I feel good when I give something without wanting something back!").

A very unpleasant happening: the sweet child (the younger one) has been exploring her artistic side ... in the wrong places! Such as her sister's schoolbook, the desk, the wall ...

One of the crime scenes:


1 comment:

  1. Aaaaaaa, those 'WonderWoman' photos are the cuuuuuuuuuuuutest pics ever!!

    ReplyDelete