Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tragic Happening

Wednesdays are my unlucky days! They're the days I've gotten a packed bus and have had to come back standing with Alina. And then today was the worst ever! We waited for 40 mintues for our bus (meanwhile 9 buses passed going in the opposite direction), when our bus finally came, it was full of soccer fans wildly pounding the bus (there was a game in the nearby stadium) and I had a whole 2 seconds to take in the secene and dismiss the bus. 

There was an empty bus right after that one and the driver kindly informed me that he had come to get me as he'd seen me and Alina waiting at the stop when he was going up and knew that the bus before him was full of soccer fans ... touching. 

Anyhow, after thankfully climbing into the bus and praying that there wouldn't be much traffic as we were already late for Alina's class, we were stopped by plain-clothed policemen who were checking the buses thanks to the lunatics going to the game. As our bus was empty, the policeman just looked inside and asked the driver if everything was ok, and after waiting a bit for the bus in front of us to go, we continued on our not-merry way. 

We got off the bus and almost ran to the school (a good 3 blocks away) only to find out that the class had been canceled since the other kids hadn't shown up (due to the Easter holiday). And because we were a whole 25 mintues late, the teacher had been dismissed. I was so frustrated I almost cried! 

To console ourselves, we went to the nearby ice-cream parlor and had some yummy ice-cream while we waited for my mom to pick us up. 

Alina came to the conclusion (without any words of wisdom from me) that it wasn't an adventure because we had to wait so long. She was quite satisfied with the ice-cream though and we arrived home earlier than usual (thanks mom!). 

So all's well that ends well ... even though we were off to a tragic beginning ... sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment