Saturday, March 6, 2010

Motherhood and Weight Loss

I was just reading someone's blog and the person was expressing her frustrations in having a hard time losing weight after having had her second child. It was funny and encouraging at the same time because aside from her frustrations being the same as mine, it reminded me that I'm not the only one going through these "trials of motherhood".

Yes, my body has changed considerably from when I had Alina to now. My weight has plateaued at a disagreeable amount, much to my distress.

Granted, I don't do much to change it because I tried before and it didn't help any. I have NEVER been able to go on a diet. God knows how much I love food and that is one thing I haven't been able to live without, haha.

Exercise has never worked for me and especially now it's quite challenging to fit it into my day, not for lack of time, but because when I put on a workout video Laura will instantly clamor for my attention or want to watch a video (being that 1 second before she was perfectly happy playing).

I know, I could stand to eat less and I definitely could cut the "extras", but that's where my obsession with food comes in and seriously, when it's been raining for 5 days straight I can't help having a few cups of hot chocolate with marshmallows. And naturally, every day there's some excuse for why I can indulge in whatever it is and thus my weight remains unchanged.

I've never counted calories in my life! God HAD blessed me with a quick metabolism and a relatively flat stomach, but all that changed drastically after I had Laura. I'm trying to get used to the fact that I will most probably be the size I am now for a good while (oh woe is me!).

As if it wasn't bad enough when I was pregnant to look at my closet and weep over all the clothes I didn't fit into, now, 2 years later, I look at my closet and see all the clothes I STILL don't fit into ... argh!

God didn't create me with a strong will-power ... or maybe He did, but at the same time He made me not be able to resist food, heh.

The last time I felt normal was in January of 2008 before I found out I was pregnant with #2. And at the moment there is no hope for "going back to normal" any time soon, sob.

But yes, I do have a few resolutions, let's see for how long I'll stick to them. The first is to stop drinking (just have to finish my bottle of Martini :), which shouldn't be too hard since Gabriel isn't here to make delicious drinks for me and there's not much fun drinking a beer or glass of wine by myself.

My second resolution is to try my hardest to not eat so much and not overdo on the things I like. Geez, even with bananas, which are my favorite fruit, I can't help eating a lot.

And my third resolution is to have some form of exercise as frequently as possible. I hate workout videos! But alas, that's my only option for exercise since I can't go anywhere to do anything since I'm with the girls 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment