Wednesday, March 31, 2010

How to Kill Your Back in One Quick Lesson:

Take care of a very active 3-year-old boy!

Despite the pain, I'm quite happy with my latest challenge. It all happened so quickly! Last week my mom told me that our newest neighbor asked if we had a school because she was looking for one for her 3-year-old grandson (she's the sister of the neighbor who died last month and whose dogs we were taking care of). 


My mom explained to her that we're not a school but that we could teach the kid, etc., etc. So she came over Sunday night to check out our setup, was pleased, and that same evening I was hired to teach her grandson every afternoon, Monday through Friday. 

It has actually been exciting because he's at a totally different level then the girls. Alina's been trying to press in with her school work and finish it in the morning because then she participates in all the acitivies in the afternoon, and Laura has been extra communicative with the latest addition to our group. 

So now I have tons more planning to do, yay! My brain has been going crazy. I stayed up till midnight on Sunday and was able to make half of a curriculum for him (it's bilingual), and being that I'm the least creative and artistic person on this planet, it's extra challenging to make or come up with the zillion activites recommended/needed for his age. 

I will post photos soon of my new pupil and the great time we're all having.

P.S. Do pray for my rotten lower back and tail bone because the pain caused by all the bending over is unbearable (due to the scoliosis), which in turn makes me not sleep well. Tks!

No comments:

Post a Comment