Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wee Words of Wisdom

I got up at 7:45 this morning and found Alina all neatly dressed with her hair brushed as well, eating a humble breakfast of 2 slices of pineapple, a tiny cup of milk, and a slice of bread. I commended her on her neatly made bed and diligence in doing her chores, and then asked her who had served her breakfast. She proudly replied, "I did, of course. When there are easy things like this I can serve myself." (Duh, Mom.)

It was kind of funny because she was so proud of herself and feeling all grown up, especially because she had poured her own cup of milk which is the hardest thing for her.

Latest news flash: Laura just peed on me. Pause.

Back to Alina.


Yesterday, several of us were having a snack while the kids played nearby, and I was skimming through some prehistoric mags when I came across this joke:

An engineering student was walking on campus one day when another engineer rode up on a shiny new motorcycle.
"Where did you get such a rockin' bike?" asked the first.
The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said 'Take what you want.'"
The second engineer nodded approvingly. "Good choice, you wouldn't wear her clothes anyway."

Once the laughter died down, Alina read the joke to herself and then smartly commented, "Of course he didn't get the clothes, he's a boy!" :)

1 comment: