Monday, May 11, 2009

Progress. Growth. How I Love Those Words!

One thing that I love about babies is that they are never a bore because they are always learning something. Each day is the start of a whole new learning experience!

Laura is a regular monkey, but it's been such fun watching her grow. Each developmental milestone that she reaches is the cause of joy. That is, most of the time. Not when she repeatedly throws whichever item is within reach on the floor. 

We're truly blessed to have such a fun, life-loving, interesting little baby. Actually, she's not so little anymore. About two weeks ago she started cruising, and six days ago she started clapping. She's been taking steps with someone holding her arms and is determined to crawl. She hasn't gotten the hang of it yet and only manages to do a semi-crawl backwards.

I consider it a blessing to be able to be with her almost every day. Of course, it's always nice when I can have a break, but I do so love being with her and Alina. I don't know for how much longer this will last, especially since she now thinks that she can go places. It's becoming a bit difficult to meet her needs while simultaneously teaching the kids or teens, but I'll be sure to enjoy being with her while it lasts.

Here are pics galore of the fat one from the past couple of weeks.

Interspecies communication (with her aunt Marina):

Going for a ride:

Examining a blade of grass. "Oooh, should I taste this?"


A regular sumo wrestler:
Pretending to be a joey:
Cruising:

No comments:

Post a Comment