Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy belated Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers! And most of all, to you, Mom. I wanted to post something earlier, but alas, I'm only having the time to do so now at 10:35 p.m. Had a busy day.

Ange, aside from the personal things you wrote in your tribute to Mom, the rest was as if you had written from my heart and mind, albeit in a better way then I'd ever be able to express. We had a round of appreciation for the mothers over our Mother's Day brunch, and the things you said about Mom were the exact same ones I told her.

Becoming a mother was the best thing that happened to me, honestly. My biggest worry was that I wasn't going to be a good mom, but all I've had to do -- aside from praying a lot and reading up on the subject -- is look back on my childhood and see how my parents raised us because they did an excellent job. 


One of my frequent prayers is that Jesus will help me give my children as memorable a childhood as I had, and that I'll be as firm and loving as my parents were with me. Being a mother is a huuuuuge job (and I only have two monkeys), but it's the most fulfilling one ever! I'm extremely grateful that Jesus blessed my life with the very best gifts of all: children.

I had a pleasant enough Mother's Day. It started off with Gabriel getting up early to help prepare our traditional brunch and consequently, Laura waking up as well. A short while later, Alina crawled into my bed to warm her ice-cold feet. I later found out that she had woken up very early to make a card for her great-grandma who she was going to visit later on.

Laura was happily playing by herself in the crib, when Alina decided to join her and climbed into the crib (will post pics later). While they were in there, I took care of our laundry and got something for Alina to wear for this brunch which she had been looking forward to.

As usual, the brunch was quite delicious. Shortly afterwards, Alina went out with my parents to visit my grandma and Gabriel stayed home with Laura while we went out busking.

The busking went well, with many answers to prayer, but it was also quite tiring. There wasn't enough time after the brunch to get Alina ready to go out, get myself ready for busking, and nurse Laura. 


So I went out without having nursed her and suffered the consequences by having a major leak. Make that a waterfall. Also, having to endure way too much pain from my swollen breasts. Yes, my feet also were swollen from standing for so long. In the end it was worth it all.

We got a snack on our way back home and arrived with enough time to take a shower, change the baby, and get ready for the Bible class. It finished at 9:00 p.m.  I put Laura to sleep, made this coming week's schedule, grabbed a bite to eat, wrote this, and now I shall head for bed. 


Yawn, yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment