Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mom's Birthday

Right, so today is my dearest Mother's birthday and she's out with my Dad. 

I found out that this morning Alina woke them up to give my Mom the card that she'd made for her -- so kind. Yesterday she kept telling me about the "solar system card" she was going to make for her grandma. I still haven't seen it, but I heard that it even has the name of the planets written on it.

Last night my parents had a special "mini-barbecue" to celebrate my Mom's birthday, which we all eagerly joined when we got back from busking. We just sat around eating and drinking and having "family time". 


That's one thing that I really like about my Mom, she's so generous and always includes others. She's never had a "just my family" attitude. So much so, that she kindly shared her birthday chocolates and bubbly wine with all of us, so sweet.

We (me, my siblings, and Dad) usually get her a present, but this year she kept saying she didn't want anything and since we're all saving up for our family reunion, I guess it'll be a present-less year for all of us. According to my Dad, all she wants is love and respect, which is for free, so yay! :D

Needless to say, my Mom is the best mother in the world and a good sample of almost everything important in life. Having lived with her for my whole life, I sometimes get familiar. However, I consider it (the former) a blessing, because through it I've received excellent training in motherhood and being a decent citizen. :D Aside from the fact that she gets to enjoy a couple of her grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment