Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My 26th Birthday

Well, the best thing about it was that our family was together and we spent the whole day just hanging around (together :D). 

In the evening, we had a dinner here at home to celebrate the geminis' birthday and some sort of "going away" thing for my parents who will be traveling to the States for 5 weeks or so. 

My mom kindly forgot to inform people that it happened to be my birthday, so several of them were rather embarrassed when they arrived and found out. 

Alina was more excited then I was about my birthday and she made it her duty to inform people that it was my birthday (hence the embarrassment of some individuals who hadn't previously been informed). 
 
Anyway, overall it was a pleasant dinner. Laura went to bed before the food was served and Alina started falling asleep on the couch halfway into the dinner. 

Poor thing, she cried as I put her to bed because she wanted to stay up until dessert was served. There was plenty left over and so she had some the next day. 

One of my 'bestest' childhood friends called all the way from Pakistan, staying true to our tradition of calling each other on our birthdays (thanks Topher!). Some other friends also called and wrote and it all made my day special and meaningful. 

Oh, and Gabriel got me some gorgeous flowers. No sooner had I placed them on my bedside table, then Laura sneakily picked some petals! Such a rascal! 

Oh well, they've survived till now, so that is progress ... although they're probably a major temptation to the little destroyer. 

I'm happy to be starting a new year of life, even though it means I'm that much older. My 25th year was extremely bittersweet ... plenty of good times were had, but also there were waaaaay too many disappointments. 

Ah well, where there's life there's hope so I'm hoping for the best and trying to prepare for the worst ... sigh. 

Oh, right, onto the pictures.

Thanks Love!

Alina's lovely shot of us:

The sweet child pulled out her clips, hence the crazy monkey look:


Peek-a-boo or "Don't take a picture of me!":

Horrid posture:

Alina and her aunt Marina:


Alina and Junior:

The father and mother with Marcia and Dinha:

Deep conversation :)


Mariane, Junior, the father, and Concéssio:

Me and Manu:

The Geminis ... beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment