Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thoughts

Recently I was thinking (yes, I can do that also) about how in my current way of life there are three types of people, generally speaking:

1) People who go places, do things, are pioneers, establish works, are usually "rah-rah" types of people.
2) People who make it possible for number 1 type of people to do what they do. Supporters and pillars, or try to be.
3) People who are plain bums.
 

I figured that I'm a number 2 type of person. I don't know, I don't have any great talents, dreams, or plans for my life. At least not now. I just want to be useful (for good), and if what I do makes it possible for someone else to do something great and glorious, I'll be happy.

Oh right, but I do have the privileged calling of being a mother and the responsibility to raise my children in a way that hopefully some day they'll be a number 1 or number 2 type of person. That in itself is totally fulfilling, aside from the immense joy and satisfaction they bring to my life, which no work could ever bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment