Monday, June 8, 2009

Busy Weekend

Which started off with a little barbecue for our Home's "bonding" activity on Friday night. 

I had promised myself I wasn't going to eat much, but I really couldn't help it being that I was surrounded by delicacies such as barbecued meat, mandioca, passion fruit and mango caipiroska, farofa ... hmmmm, yum, yum. 

Oh well, myabe I'll stick to my resolution some other time, hehe.

Laura naturally participated and her grand feast was a couple of crackers. 


Here she is with Heidi:

My Dad happily preparing things for the barbecue:

My hubby is our official barman:

Dad enjoying one of Gabriel's tasty drinks:

Aha! Caught in the act of chowing down the blessed food:

Ok, so after that busy Friday evening, we were really busy preparing for the In House dinner on Saturday. 

Thankfully, things weren't as hectic as the previous one and we had everything set up with plenty of time to get ourselves ready.

I'm officially part of the In House team. Hurrah! Or not. I was supposed to be a waitress, but this time I ended up helping more in the kitchen (no, I DON'T cook) serving basically everything (couvert, salad, the main dish, dessert) because this last chef wasn't as practical as my Grandma.

Not too many people came, which was good in a way because it was less confusing and didn't finish too late. 


The Lord did so many miracles this dinner and answered all our prayers -- one of which was bringing the people He knew would be best and we were able to witness more than in the previous ones. The new people who came were quite impressed with our missionary work and interested in helping.

Our busking team sang a few songs and thankfully we didn't go so off key. That was a little hectic because one minute I was in the middle of serving things, and the next I was changing shirts, sprucing up, and singing. Then several minutes later I was changing shirts again and back in the kitchen.

Gabriel, as always, was an excellent waiter, and after everyone left (1:30 a.m.), he waited on us (making drinks and serving some left-over picanha). The main dish of this In House was seafood paella and being that I HATE seafood, I had to satisfy my hunger with a bit of ratatouille and croutons. 


Oh right, and also flambéed bananas with ice cream. Such a sacrifice.

Me and the fat one before the guests arrived:


"Oooh! Look at me! I'm standing!"

With Daddy:


My parents:

Mom preparing some picanha:

Happy helpers (Johnny, Gabriel, Heidi):

Isabela (the chef) and the staff (missing my parents):


Froggies croaking (Marina, Cristina, Ana, me, Bone):

The paella! I must admit, even though the smell makes me sick, it looked good.

Mom with some of the guests:

Breakfast the next morning. Do notice everyone's wiped out face. 
 
Laura woke up pretty early and I was soooo tired that, after changing and nursing her, I put her back to bed and crashed out. I could faintly hear her wailing and then it stopped, so I guess she fell asleep. 

I got up past 10 and realized that Alina had probably been up by herself for a while.

When I looked outside, she was seated at the table with a cup of juice and told me that she hadn't eaten breakfast yet, but that her Grandpa was making fruit salad, her Grandma was making the pancakes, and they were going to eat together.


I later found out that she had gotten Johnny to make juice for her as well. Such a little manager, delegating jobs, har har.

The rest of the day was spent doing productive things like playing, reading, watching videos, playing again, eating, taking pictures of Laura (will post later), playing some more, getting ready for the evening Bible class, having band practice, participating in the meeting, eating, making this week's schedule, and watching a movie.

All in all it was a good weekend. Busy, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment