Thursday, December 2, 2010

Candy Week

Last week I took the girls for their annual check-up and aside from the fact that they're both healthy and developing well, the highlights were that Alina is off the charts in height and she got a bunch of candy from the pediatrician. The latter is a highlight for her, of course.

When we arrived home she proudly showed a handful of candies to her aunt Ana and exclaimed, "Look what I earned!". Where she got the notion that going for a check-up is a rewardable act beats me. But it was funny.

Then on Tuesday Mom was going to go out to offer invitations to the upcoming benefit dinner to several acquaintances and asked if the girls and I would like to accompany her. They came back home loaded with candies, chocolates, and cookies! Almost everyone we talked to gave them some junk.

And when I took Alina to get her hair trimmed yesterday, the hairdresser gave her a handful of candy.

Waaaaay too much junk for one little, I mean big, girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment