Tuesday, April 14, 2009

School Days Are Happy Days

Yay! The kids' first school bimester is almost over. Alina started 1st grade this year and she just looooves learning ... makes me so proud. 

Her English books arrived in January and she has been zipping through them. The plan is for her to do two grades this year (just of Language Arts, Spelling, and Science). Her Portuguese books arrived in March and being that Brazilian 1st grade is the equivalent of American 2nd grade, she'll be on the same grade in both languages next year.

I was talking to someone about tests and Alina overheard the conversation and asked if they were for her. I wasn't planning on making any for her since she's only five, but she enthusiastically asked me to please make some because, and I quote, "That way I'll learn more"!



With her English books:

With her Portuguese books:

Doing her schoolwork:

Excursion to the circus a couple of weeks ago:


Reading -- one of her favorite things to do:

1 comment:

  1. It must run in the family... yay! Sara's in a reading club (I think that's what it is?).

    ReplyDelete