Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Sigh, Easter is over. Alina had been looking forward to it for a few weeks and had a great time painting hollow [chicken] eggs, doing Easter art activities, and cutting chocolate to make little eggs (which ended up not working out, aherm).

This is the first Easter that she actually understood what we were celebrating, aside from being overly interested in the little chocolate angel she was going to get. I guess it heightened her anticipation for the big day.

On Friday night my parents took her out for a ride and, on their way back home, they stopped to pick up a movie for the teens and my mom bought a small chocolate egg for Alina (I found out about this later). 


I was putting the baby to bed when she arrived and she went straight to the bathroom to "brush her teeth". So I went in to see her and her face was all smudged with chocolate, not to mention her mouth filled with it, and she had this overjoyed look on her face.

Of course, I asked her where she'd gotten chocolate from and she told me the whole story and I thought she had eaten it on her way home or something. I went to ask my mom something and told her how funny Alina looked with her chocolate-smeared face and she was like "What?! She already ate the whole thing? It was intact when we got home." 


So I guess in about 30 seconds, on her way from the car to the bathroom, she opened and ate the whole thing ... such a piggie! 

She was very happy to have gotten the egg, so when I saw her on her way to put on her pajamas looking gloomy, I asked her what was wrong. She burst into tears and explained how she wanted to save the egg for Easter, but also really, really wanted to eat the chocolate so she ate it and now she wasn't going to have an egg for Easter. Poor thing!

The whole situation was quite funny (too bad I didn't take any pictures), but she was devastated with the fact that her egg was gone. After comforting her I explained the law of cause and effect and showed her how she could have eaten some chocolate and saved the rest to have on Easter. 


She ended up getting a tiny egg on Easter and this time she only ate half and saved the other half, so I guess she learned her lesson, hehe.

We had a typical Easter dish (codfish) Saturday night ... sooooooo good! These pics are from that evening. And then on Sunday we had our Easter brunch and afterwards went busking. 


Laura "ate" her first pão-de-queijo (little cheese bread) and made quite a mess, heh. I'll post the brunch photos later (need to get them off my dad's cam).




Dancing with Grandma:

Grumpy baby:





Uh, yes? Alina wanted me to take a pic of her like this ... don't ask me why.

1 comment: