Sunday, August 7, 2011

Of Teeth and Tooth Fairies

The Tooth Fairy has paid Alina nine visits so far and taken ten teeth. That's because since the last two teeth fell a couple of days apart, she put them both under her pillow. 

She surprised me this time by seriously informing me that she knew that the Tooth Fairy wasn't real (oh really?!) and that I was the one who would place things under her pillow. My handwriting must've given me away, ha! Oh well, at least now I don't need to worry about what would happen when she found out that none of this was real but just a fun game and a way for her to get special little things. 

I've tried not to only give her money for each tooth. Aside from a few Reais, she's gotten stickers, earrings, chocolates, and a decoration thingie to put on her pencil. I remember sometime in the mid 90's my parents gave me one USD for a tooth. I do believe that was the most I ever got for a tooth. 

Alina took after me in that her teeth come in and fall early. My wisdom teeth started coming in when I was 14 and I had them pulled out when I was 19. Got a small mouth. The "normal age" in which she should be losing these teeth is 10-years-old. She's almost 8. 

Anyhow, the "Tooth Fairy" is still in business because even though Alina knows it's not real, her mother is, and will continue placing surprises under her pillow whenever she loses a tooth.  

A pose showing off one of the latest holes:

Laurie wanted a picture of her teeth, also:

1 comment:

  1. It reminds me my tooth fairies............good post

    Bunty

    ReplyDelete