Sunday, November 21, 2010

Good to be Home

The girls and I have been "home" for almost a week and gosh, it sure is good to be back. I love the weather here! I'm accoustomed to it and I know what to expect. It's not crazy like in São Paulo. 

Thanks to the nice weather, the girls have been able to swim to their heart's content. They also rediscovered the buckets with Playmobils and have spent countless hours playing with them.

The cherry and mullberry trees are laden with fruit, much to our delight. Alina has been picking berries to snack on almost every day. The nasty dry winter is over. Everything's green and flourishing. Very pleasant to look at.

On Wednesday I went to town with the parents and took Laura along. Alina prefered to stay back to read and play. The business we had to do was over in a short while and on our way home we stopped by the Central Market. I was craving some delicious doce de leite and goiabada cascão. I bought that as well as some dried bananas and dried dates. 

Oh yes, and I got a little broom for Laura because she's into cleaning, or thinking that she's cleaning. She refused to hold my hand and kept trying to run away and almost knocked over several things in different shops. A terror. 

Dad traveled last night and will be gone for about ten days.

I went shoe shopping this morning with Mom. Ooooooh. Too many lovely pairs of shoes. We were able to find what we were looking for and for reasonable enough prices. 

We started having singing practice this afternoon since the plan is to go busking during the Christmas season. Croak, croak. I thought those days were over, sigh.

I miss my Love, so very, very much!

It's hard to be away from him. Again. But at least the girls are having a fantastic time and I'm having a needed break. And we'll all be together at Christmas, Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment