Thursday, July 1, 2010

Novelty

This year has brought with it quite a few changes, one of which is me having to learn how to cook. Yes siree, I never thought there'd come a day in which that would happen (breakfast doesn't count). 

Ok, it's not like I'm cooking any great dishes, just the basic beans, rice, something simple with meat, noodles ... I've sort of learned how to make chicken risotto and beef stroganoff (with major intervention from my mom). 

Oh, and I made tomato sauce from scratch today! I wouldn't say it tasted great, but it was edible, heh. 

One of my goals for this year was to learn how to cook, even though I still firmly hold to my belief that God didn't create me to cook. He blessed me with an awesome husband who, among other things, cooks very well, and I know that that makes up for my total lack of culinary know-how. But since it's always good to learn something new (and useful), cooking is on this year's list. 

I have suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a long way to go, sigh. Well, if I can learn the basics and a couple of dishes, I'll be happy. 

Oh yes, and I definitely need to learn how to bake a cake. I've sworn to never make my children's birthday cakes (don't want to disappoint them), but I figured it'd be good to know how to make a cake like for a snack or something :). 

I'm probably the joke of my family when it comes to cooking or anything having to do with the kitchen (not counting the two youngest who are worse, snicker, snicker). It's completely my fault though, so I can't complain ...

No comments:

Post a Comment