Sunday, July 18, 2010

In Sickness and in Health ...

Today is our anniversary ... 2 years of marriage and 3 that we've been together. Sadly, my love can't be here for "our day", but at least he'll be here tomorrow (which is almost the same thing) and hopefully we won't be separated for so long again.

At least I have something wonderful to look forward to after the horrid week I had. I was more dead than alive, thanks to a wretched cold that I got, and boy, did I wish that my baby was here. 

It's bad enough being sick, but it's even worse when you need to carry on as if you're totally fine while your head feels like it'll explode, your nose doesn't stop running, your eyes are watery 24/7, you're feverish, AND to top it off your kids are sick as well. 

The only good thing about it all was that it sure made me appreciate the times that he was here and was able to get the kids when I wasn't feeling well or for me to have a sleep-in. 

Love, I know I don't say it nearly as much as I should, but I LOVE YOU! And I'm ever so happy that Jesus put you in my life and not only let our paths cross, but gave you to me. You are everything I prayed for: a husband, a lover, a friend, a provider, and a father to my monkeys. 

Even though it has been pretty rough at times, usually due to external circumstances that added unnecessary stress and pressure, I'm thankful that I have you by my side through it all. I know that we both have a long ways to go in becoming the man and woman, husband and wife, father and mother that we need to be, but just having you with me makes it all worthwhile ... I'm not alone.

I pray that this new year of marriage will be filled with blessings and happiness for us and our family. Thank you for all that you do for me and the girls ... you're the best! Te amo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment