Friday, February 12, 2010

Memories ...

may be beautiful, and yet, what's too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget ... ladida ... not like that works all the time, though.

Last night Gabriel and I were sitting out on the roof talking while enjoying a Martini and chocolate (thanks, Kim!). And while I was sitting there, I couldn't help remembering the countless times during my turbulent teen years that I sat up there crying my eyeballs out, or sitting with my friends, Julia and Tammy, and telling each other our secrets and dreams. Or the times some of us slept there for "slumber parties" (not on the roof, but on my parents' little varanda which leads to the roof). The many times several of us sat there just enjoying a majestic sun set, or the times we would climb out there to climb onto the other roof during school recess, and getting in trouble for it, hehe.

In the almost 15 years that I've been here, I would only go up there often when I was a teen (to get away from everything and be alone with my depressing thoughts) and I hadn't gone there for years. 


While sitting there I realized, once more, that so much has changed! Starting with myself. I had so much time when I was an adolescent to mope about situations, think about life, daydream, etc. But ever since I got a bit older and took on responsibilities, that time has completely vanished making the moments I do manage to have to myself all the more special.

So, here's to our memories ... may the majority be good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment