Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kids in the Kitchen

On Sunday I was making fruit salad when Laura came up to me and said, "Me, help!".  So I got out a cutting board and [blunt] knife, washed some bananas, and let her slice away. When she was done with that, I gave her some strawberries to cut up, but since the knife wasn't sharp, the "slices" ended up all mushy.

Luckily for me, she's still in the phase where she likes to help. Be it hanging up laundry, folding and putting away laundry, washing dishes, or turning on the fan, she's always enthusiastic about it.
 
Peeling the banana: 

See?

Doing a terrific job cutting the banana:

Alina has the slicing-bananas down pretty good. So good, in fact, that this morning she made a humble fruit salad for her and Laurie all by herself. She was very proud about that, as was I.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment