Friday, September 10, 2010

To Relax

After a tiring day, there really is hardly anything better then to take a shower, throw on a pair of sweatpants and a tank top, and snuggle under a blanket with a GOOD book and a drink, whilst breathing in the sweet fragrance of perfume that lingers in the air ... it's pure bliss! 

For a few moments I felt like I'd been transported to a timeless place; and in those few moments I actually couldn't feel the chronic pain in my back (no, my drink wasn't THAT strong, hehe). 

Gosh, the last time I felt that relaxed was when I drank a dozen cans of beer! ... But I got depressed afterwards :D. 

This year has been the first time since I was 17 when all I've had to do is take care of my kids, ponto final. No co-managing a home of 15+ people, no endless meetings, no staying up late making photo logs, schedules, last-minute graphic design projects, and what-not, no endless record-keeping, no frustration in trying to teach people who couldn't care less to learn, no pressure in trying to live up to a certain [spiritual] standard ... AND I've had time to READ (which happens to be one of the five passions of my life)!!! No less than 12 books and several book summaries and poems (as well as watch lots of period dramas). 

I know, this won't last for long, especially once I enroll in college (there go my nights, once again), but it sure feels good to have that load off and just concentrate on my family, not that being the mother of an intelligent 6-year-old and a two-year-old Destroyer is relaxing, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment