Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thanks, Mom ...

for the great time out last night ... and the night before.

Mom invited me and Ana to go to the movies and eat out, but unfortunately, both cars broke down so we had to have two separate outings (not like I minded, heh) ... and by bus. Well, one good thing about going by bus was that we had to walk a few blocks to the cinema and we ended up stopping at a café for an iced coffee and pão de queijo (my favs!). Ana ended up not coming with us to the movies because she went to cut her hair and took Alina along for her yearly trim.

The cinema we went to was a very nice, small, clean, well air-conditioned place full of senior citizens :). I do believe I was the youngest person around, not that I minded because at least there weren't any loud, off-the-wall comments during the movie, or people loudly eating their snacks. Thankfully, one of the cars got fixed later that day and so my dad was able to pick us up (I really wasn't looking forward to getting two buses home at night).

Anyway, then last night we went out to a pleasant Italian restaurant close by home (only one bus!). Needless to say, the food was absolutely delicious! And on our way home, as we were tiredly walking up the road to the bus stop, a taxi stopped without us having to flag it down (the driver either sensed our plight or was awed by the view of our rear ends, lol). He ended up being a neighbor of ours and gave us a discount since he was on his way home anyway.

A few pics from last night ...


Mom and I being goofy:


One of the things we ordered (I forget the name, but it has mushrooms, a couple of cheeses ... heavenly!):

Good food!


1 comment:

  1. I vote for "awed by the view of our rear ends", hehehehehehehe :P

    ReplyDelete