Saturday, July 19, 2014

Turning Three Decades Old

So, a month ago I turned the big 3.0 ... amazingly, I don't feel all that much older, heh. I know it's just a date, a number, which in the end adds up to measure my existence on this planet. I'm extremely grateful, however, to have made it this far with ok enough health, a wonderful family, and with the best friends anyone could wish for! 

I'm definitely glad my twenties are over. Despite the awesome times that were had, that decade was a tumultuous period of my life. Literally worse than my adolescence. I went through plenty of things I would have preferred to skip altogether because no, they did not make me a better person. Au contraire. I'm pretty sure they screwed me up for good. 

Anyhoo, I will enumerate the highlights of my life thus far, in chronological order.

- Camping, fishing, gardening, hiking, playing sports, traveling (with family and friends) (5-30 y.o.)
- Learning to read (5 y.o.) (Mother's not around to confirm if it was 4 or 5)
- Realizing that I had a best friend (6 y.o.)
- Starting/getting collections (stickers, birthday cards, money, marbles, stamps, nature items, etc.) (7-11 y.o.)
- Learning how to touchtype (8 y.o.)
- Being the first of my family to break a bone (11 y.o.)
- Attending my first camp (15 y.o.)
- A childhood friend's visit after 4 years (15 y.o.)
- Learning layout and web design (16 y.o.)
- My first boyfriend-ish friend (16 y.o.)
- Having Alina (19 y.o.)
- Getting my highschool diploma (without ever having gone to school) (20 y.o.)
- Getting married (24 y.o.)
- Having Laura (24 y.o.)
- All 8 of us siblings being together again after 19 years (I think) (25 y.o.)
- Enrolling in college (26 y.o.)
- Seeing a good friend whom I hadn't seen in 11 years (28 y.o.)
- Traveling to Europe (30 y.o.)
- Meeting a good friend of 13 years for the first time (30 y.o.)

I don't know how many more years I have left in this life, but I'm ever so thankful that the following people have been in it so far, whether it was for a day, a month, one or several years. You made/make my world a better place! Thank you!

Topher
Angie (Tomas)
Martin
Gloria
Livvy
Daniela
Estrela
Davey
Mari-Ange
Nat
Brandt
Abner
Marimée
Dani
Julia
Tammy
Danny
Daniel
Gabriel
Rick
Sam
Nat
Michel
Noah
James
Chris
Angie
Jules
Juan
Jose
John
Johnny
Melody
Graciele

... the "uncles" and "aunts" Phil, Claire (Sara), Danny, Ron, Sue, and Ester.

And of course, my family! :D

Now onto a few pictures of the celebrations. First, we celebrated mine and my mom's birthdays together like 2 weeks before mine. We didn't have cake or pie, much to Laurie's disappointment, but we did have a nice time. 

Gabriel took me out for dinner the night before my actual birthday and we spent it at a hotel. His sister Ester stayed with the kids so we could go out. So kind. I ended up getting very sick but we still went out for sushi later that day with my folks. 

Then a week later I celebrated it in London with two of my bestest friends, Angie and Sam! Awesome. Beyond. Words. 


My big monkeys:

Moother!


Relaxing much? :)

BFFs!


Angie!!!

Tequila shots:




An up-the-nose shot :D

No comments:

Post a Comment