Friday, April 11, 2014

About Birds

When I was leaving the house on my way to work the other day, I was pleasantly surprised at the sight of almost a dozen different kinds of birds chirping (and the other sounds that birds make) and doing bird things like catching bugs and small reptiles, eating fruit, pecking at things, etc. It's not surprising to see lots of birds around here. What was surprising though, and which is something I'd never seen here, was that they were all concentrated in this one part of the yard.

I didn't have my camera on me, as usual, and my phone wouldn't have done the spectacle justice. So I just stood there and enjoyed the loveliness for a while before about half of them flew away.

Here are pictures of the birds and their names in Portuguese, courtesy of different sites. :D

Anu branco:

Bem-te-vi:

João-de-barro:

Maritaca:

Pica-pau-verde-barrado:

Sanhaço cinzento:

Anu preto:

Pardal:

Pombo:

No comments:

Post a Comment