Thursday, June 6, 2013

What Makes [My] Life Worth Living ...

This little monkey does:
 

... as does this one (the smaller one):
  
I know, I'm finally posting something about Mother's Day almost a month later. Tsk, tsk. Been waaaaaay too busy with the usual work/kids/studies. So, yeah, another Mother's Day has come and gone, and all I can say is thank You, God, for having blessed me with my monkeys! 

Yes, work is fulfilling, getting a college education is fulfilling, having done volunteer service for years is fulfilling. Yet all of that can't compare to how fulfilling and wonderful it is to be a parent! Work comes and goes, there's a time and place for studying, and there will always be underprivileged people. However, my kids are the only thing that matter in the end ... to me, obviously. :) 

My oldest sister posted something lovely she wrote to Mom which, coincidently (smirk), beautifully expresses my feelings as well (since I'm terrible at expressing myself). Here's the link: http://rieligood.com/family/mother-2013/

So, happy super late Mother's Day, Mom! You truly are one of the most amazing women I know! And thank you, Laurie and Lili, for making this life experience possible. I couldn't have asked for spunkier, lovelier, more intelligent princesses than you! I love you girls more than anything!!


With my Laurie-girl at my grandparents' place for a Mother's Day lunch:


Papa monkey and Laurie monkey:

Laurie snapped this lovely (aherm) shot of grandpa and grandma:

And here we are at the airport after lunch saying goodbye to our friend Gracielle (she was on her way to France for a year):

Lili's getting soooo big!

In closing, here are my girls' Mother's Day tributes made at school:


No comments:

Post a Comment