Sunday, August 26, 2012

Alina's Latest Words of Wisdom

After finishing her English school for the day, Alina told me she was going to go outside and start writing a story until dinner was ready. When she came inside, I asked her what her story was about and she informed me that it was going to be a diary of sorts based on her life. 

She commented that all the other stories she's written were actuallly based (read copied) on some story she had read previously. That's why, according to her, this current story will be better because it will be, and I quote, "orignial, since it's about my life, and nobody's written a story about my life". She then sighed and remarked, "The greatest ideas were used before I was born". Haha, poor thing. 

I know the feeling of frustration in realizing that there's nothing new to write about, sing about, draw about, or express in some other form. Not only that, but it's all been done better than we could ever hope to do. 

Her latest reading project is a series her aunt Patricia sent her about cat clans. I think it's called Warriors or something like that. Anyway, she's already read two of the books. She was telling me about them and ended by saying "I'm really liking them, but Narnia is still my most favorite book ever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment