Friday, April 13, 2012

Acupuncture

A good friend of ours is currently studying for a graduate degree in acupuncture. She wanted to gain more experience then that made availabe by the clinic, so we volunteered to be her guinea pigs -- we as in my siblings, my hubby, and I. 

I had my first session today. I didn't really know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised by the deep relaxation I felt almost immediately. This stuff works! 

She'll be treating me for back pain, varicose veins/blood circulation, and chronic fatigue. And a huge plus, aside from the obvious positive effects, is that it's for free ... for now. :D

Now, several hours later, the pain in my back is close to nil. I haven't felt this good since the ultrasound treatment I had during physical therapy back in 2007.

Why didn't I discover this treatment before?! All the exercise in the world didn't relieve my pain the way one session of acupuncture did. Yes, I know, the point of exercise is to strengthen the muscles, but still, it doesn't relieve pain, not my pain at least. 

All I have to say is that I have become an adherent of acupuncture. That is what one session can do for you. :) Seriously, being pain-free is prrreeeetty good.

1 comment: