Thursday, February 9, 2012

Stuff and Fluff

Laurie happily shared the following with me a few days ago: 

Me cool wed! (translation: my school [uniform] is red) 
Nini cool blu! (translation: Alina's school [uniform] is blue)
Dois cool! (translation: two schools) 

Here are some interesting things I realized the other day that my kids and I have in common.

When I was kid, and all through my teen years, I'd call my mom Bobby. God knows why. Alina would call me Bobby when she was about 3-6 years old. She then shortened it to Bob, and now it's just Mom.


I'd call my oldest sister, Angelina, Nini (nee-ni). Laura calls her older sister Nini (ni-nee). Both of us are/were late talkers.

Alina and I were early readers. :)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting how that uh-lee-nuh sound in my and Alina's names brought out the "Nini" in the two of you... :)

    ReplyDelete