Friday, December 9, 2011

School is Over!

Technically, Alina's last day of school was today, but she didn't go since yesterday was a holiday and there really was no point in going.

On Wednesday grades 1-5 performed for the parents, and once again, the settings on my camera were messed up so everything's out of focus. Alina was quite proud of the fact that she memorized the words to all the songs, being that she only knew them in English. And I was proud of her for performing so well. :)

I'm glad the school year is over, both for her and for me. I can now look forward to almost two months of not having to get up at 6:00 a.m. and three months of not having to study for tests or write papers. Such a relief!


I truly am grateful that I was able to start studying this year and that I was able to keep up with my studies throughout the year. It was anything but easy and I had a rough time in the beginning adjusting to studying and juggling everything else (work, kids, etc.). However, I have proven to myself that I can do it. It's a good feeling. 


Of course, it it weren't for my husband, and sometimes my siblings and parents, helping out with the kids and picking me up, I probably wouldn't have been able to do it. I'd consider it humanly impossible. Now that one year's over, there are three more to go and the worst is yet to come. Seriously.

Now, onto the pictures.

Alina was the star (literally) in the Christmas play:

Performing Christmas carols (she's the third from left to right in the front row):


Grandma went to see her perform:

With my friend, Ingrid, on the last day of class:

Several classmates took their kids since we turned the class into a year-end celebration thingie with snacks and gifts.


Yes, I'm one of the tallest in my class:

No comments:

Post a Comment