Saturday, October 1, 2011

Glasses

So, we took Alina to the eye-doctor a few weeks ago because she'd been complaining about how she couldn't see what was written on the white board at school and she'd always sit real close to the computer or television, and lo and behold, she needed glasses. 

To my surprise, she was pretty thrilled with the news and said she couldn't wait to get her glasses. She said one of her classmates wears glasses and she wanted a pretty pair like hers with butterflies on the rims. We didn't find any like that, but she chose a pair and we picked them up yesterday. 

Gosh! I can't describe the state of joy she was in. She ran all over the house looking at things and reading items far away, which she obviously wasn't able to do before. She kept exclaiming how wonderful her life was going to be now that she could see right. 

I'm so relieved that she's ecstatic about having to use glasses. I was a bit worried at first because she's kind of shy and I thought maybe the fact that she needs glasses would make her feel bad. 

I'm grateful, sooo very grateful that this whole thing has turned out to be a pleasant experience for her. I hope she remains this happy about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment