Sunday, May 8, 2011

Our Day

My wonderful Hubby took me and the girls out for lunch to celebrate Mother's Day (ex-busking team: Cia. do Boi ... divine meat!) after having let me sleep in and preparing a yummy breakfast of crepes with chocolate sauce. 

Alina made me card which she placed by my pillow early in the morning for me to find when I woke up. And Laura, well, she was her normal, rascally self who hadn't the faintest idea of what was going on. She just enjoyed everything the way she usually does. She chowed down her fries, gulped her juice, ate bits of the delish meat we had, and then played to her heart's content in the restaurant's playground. 

Oh yes, and licked less than half a popsicle (the rest melted all over her dress, hands, and car seat).  

With my big princess:

Daddy looking less-than-thrilled whilst Laura tries to snatch the saltshaker (again):

So to all the fantastic mothers I know: Mom, my sisters, sisters-in-law, and friends, I hope you had a special day and felt appreciated for ALL that you do and are!

And here's a thought from the poet/writer/artist Kahlil Gibran:

          You are the bows from which your children
          as living arrows are sent forth.
          The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
          and He bends you with His might
          that His arrows may go swift and far.
          Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
          For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
          so He loves also the bow that is stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment