Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Cost of Studying

If you have small children and a full-time job, I don't recommend enrolling in an university. Maybe it's just me, but this is a sure recipe for chronic exhaustion and less time with your family. 


The studying part is just great. It's finding the time to study, think, and study some more that's quite difficult. 


Currently, the time I have to study is from 6:30 - 8:45 a.m. while at the same time giving breakfast to Laura, making beds, tidying the rooms, getting ready for work, and getting Laura ready for her day. Later I have from 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. which is after the girls are in bed, the dishes are washed, and I've taken a shower. And then of course, I have the weekends. And holidays, such as this one.

Exercise is non-existent. "Making time for it" doesn't exist in my world. A day has only so many hours and my body needs a certain amount of hours of sleep which it hasn't gotten in a VERY long time. Continuous lack of sleep, working in front of a computer all day, and studying in front of a computer when I have the time, all contribute to my exhausted state of being.

Last week Alina innocently asked me during lunch: "Why do you put that black stuff under your eyes?" She was referring to the dark circles under my eyes which I guess were extremely dark that day. AND I was using concealer. 

I informed her that I don't "put it on", it's dark because I'm tired. To which she replied, "Yeah, it's all purple and ugly". Sweet child. What she hasn't discovered yet is that it's hereditary. My mom did tell her to go look in the mirror. 

She didn't get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment